I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition where I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories; everything from Ayurveda, gluten-free, and Paleo, to raw, vegan, and macrobiotics, and everything in between.
I studied with the world's top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Dr. Andrew Weil, director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Deepak Chopra, MD, leader in the field of mind-body medicine
- Dr. David Katz, MD, MPH, director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center
- Dr. Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, chair of nutrition at Harvard University
- Dr. Andrew Weil, MD, director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Gabrielle Bernstein, bestselling author and life coach
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, assistant clinical professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The UltraWellness Center
- Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating
- David Wolfe, raw food leader and nutrition expert
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, professor at New York University’s Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health
- Mark Bittman, food writer for the New York Times and bestselling author
- Joel Fuhrman, MD, family physician and leading expert on nutritional healing
- and many other leading researchers and nutrition authorities
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and prevention. Drawing on my expertise, I work with clients like you to help make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results. You will develop a deeper understanding of food and lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your energy, balance, health, and happiness.
Each session will leave you feeling inspired and motivated. We will talk about things beyond food, seeking to bring balance to important elements of your life such as love and relationship as well as career and money. I will personally and carefully guide you to make simple, small changes that transform your life.
A bit more background on my training path...
For many years, I have been learning about whole foods nutrition. As a foodie, and a vegetarian since age 17, I have spent many fun hours in the kitchen testing recipes and sharing with family and friends. I attended the Life Change Program at Hippocrates Health Institute in 2010 to learn about incorporating more raw foods and how that supports good health.
My meditation practice deepened in 2009 when I attended The Year of Living Mindfully, a year-long meditation program led by one of DC's masterful teachers, Jonathan Foust. I learned a lot about meditation, stress reduction, Focusing, and the importance of self-care in order to help others.
I am grateful for the training I have received through my yoga practice and numerous weekend workshops at Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, exploring holotropic breathwork, Enneagram studies, and the healing powers of being in nature.
I received a Master's degree in Leadership from Georgetown University, where my master's paper focused on Cultivating Mindfulness for Effective Leadership. My academic research and my own mindfulness meditation practice helped me to cope with the demands of a leadership position in higher education and to learn to support other busy professionals as they search for balance in their lives.
Over the years, I've collected many useful tools to share with my clients as I support their health and wellness -- mind, body, and spirit.