How Can Essential Oils Be Used?
There are three main ways to use Essential Oils... let me say that again, there are three main ways to use Young Living Essential Oils! Please do not use these guidelines for any other essential oils unless you have thoroughly researched the company and learned directly from them that they can be used this way. Or simply, just use Young Living Oils!
AromaticallyInhaling essential oils heightens the senses and can trigger numerous desired responses in the body. Follow these guidelines when using essential oils for inhalation:
- Inhale directly from the bottle or put a drop in your hand and simply smell them.
- Diffuse the oils using a diffuser, which disperses the oil in a micro-fine vapor into the air. The diffuser will not heat the oils, thus ensuring full benefits, as extreme heat can damage important constituents in the oil.
- Use with a humidifier. Put a tissue or small cloth, sprinkled with a few drops of oil, in front of the escaping steam. (Do not put essential oil in your humidifier. It will float on top of the water instead of rising with the water vapor and may cause damage to your humidifier.)
- Carefully pour hot water into a bowl and add a few drops of essential oil. Put a towel over your head and the bowl in a tent-like fashion. Breathe deeply and slowly.
- Mix essential oils with bath salts (such as Epsom salt) and put it in your bath and enjoy the aroma as it fills the air.
TopicallyTopical application of many essential oils is safe and can offer an enjoyable, relaxing experience. For topical application, follow these simple steps:
- Carefully tip the oil bottle and place 1–3 drops in the palm of your hand or directly on the desired application area.
- If dropping oil in your hand, gently rub palms together in a circular motion and then massage oil onto the desired point of application. If applying directly to the desired area, use your hand to massage the oil in a circular motion into the skin.
- You can also dilute the essential oils, adding them to a carrier oil such as coconut oil or other pure massage oil to enjoy a fragrant and healing massage.
Get Started with Essential Oils
InternallyMany Young Living essential oils make excellent food flavorings or dietary supplements. To use essential oils for internal consumption:
- Place several drops of oil into an empty capsule and swallow the capsule with water.
- Add 1–2 drops to a glass of water or milk.
- Put 1–2 drops on a teaspoon of coconut oil or honey or add to your meals when cooking.
- Drop directly onto or under the tongue and swallow. Exercise extreme caution when using this method. Many essential oils are potent and should be tested by pouring a single drop onto a spoon and tasting a small portion to determine the amount of oil to be used.